Thursday, April 13, 2017

Yes, I am Still Out Here!





Hello Everyone,

Sorry for the long absence. So much is going on lately! I have lost interest in knitting for now so the knit along posts sort of fell off my radar. For now, I am finishing up a spring hat for Luna and then I will put away the needles for some time. The whole sock making nonsense didn't work out very well on my first try. Maybe next year I can take a class.

Big exciting news is that Mike and I are 100% free of student loan debt and credit card debt! Right now all we owe on is our mortgage and the van. It's so amazing to finally be here! A generous gift and Mike's work bonus this year let us get to this place. Now, it's learning to use my new adjusted bimonthly budget responsibly so that we can continue to move in a positive direction (and also, it's time to splurge on new pots and pans that aren't yucky non-stick).

Also, you might have heard if you follow me on other platforms, but I recently had surgery to remove my gallbladder. I am so very thankful to report I feel much, much better than I have in a long time! The first week of recovery was very hard and I am filling with so much gratitude that even though I had to cancel a much anticipated trip to Florida, my dad, his wonderful companion, AND my sister all flew here to support us instead! It was a real treat and a blessing to share time with all of them and to be assured that the kids were in great hands while I was in surgery with Mike. As of now, I feel pretty much 100%, but sometimes heavy lifting is a bit much. Just taking it slow.

Now that Spring is here, all the energy and inspiration I've been sensing the past while has finally built to where I absolutely must do something about it, even at risk of what others may think. I told Mike, I am turning thirty soon, and I am ready for more. To be more open and commit to vulnerability in my personal relationships and in the work I want to share with the world...

I feel like a butterfly emerging from a too tight cocoon, as overused as the metaphor may be.

So, look forward to an announcement coming soon.

<3 Emily




1 comment:

  1. Congrats on getting rid of the student loan and credit card debt--that will free up lots of money to work on the car loan/house payments. It will go so much faster now.

    Sorry to hear about your surgery--that's never a good thing to have to go through. Hope you're feeling better with each passing day.

    ReplyDelete