Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Daily Life Photo Update




Mike's been fond of saying "Life...it's so weird" lately. I agree, but I need to add that as weird and tiring as life is, it is also amazing and worthwhile and special to even be here experiencing it, even at the times when I am the most discouraged. My family shines bright even when the world is dark and I'm grateful for all the small good things in my life (my advice: set down your phone. You'll be surprised at how much more you can notice and savor if you do. I swear after one day without the thing I wish I could live that way more often...can you all start calling me instead of texting? That would help. Ha ha).


The boys asked for haircuts and the next morning they wanted "dinosaur hair" for church.


Little Lu is already a multiple time roller (who keeps waking herself up at night).

A peaceful spot of my own...these are really necessary right now.



We've been playing board games in the morning. Don't mind the wall...progress is being made on it!


Orion "reading" to Luna. They have a good relationship already. 
He likes to tell her what e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g is. 

Finally, a morning at preschool where recess could be outside!

 My side of the dresser...



Usual morning activities going on...


Meal planning set-up


I just love her!!!


Buying the kid friendly knives was a GREAT decision. They helped cut up grapes and peaches for the fruit salad and now every evening Otto asks what he can cut for dinner!


Otto also likes to find my phone and steal it to take photos...He took this picture of Orion!


Chocolate Babka from Smitten Kitchen. It didn't rise as well as last time.



I can't believe she will be 5 months in a few days!!


We (finally) got a new vacuum!!! It's amazing!! Our old thing was a beast and even Mike had a hard time pushing it on our plush carpets. Now I can do it with ease :)


I plan on posting a Yarn Along post tomorrow and I'll try to think up something interesting to write about here. I'm sure you understand that it has been hard to think of things with the state of the world currently (and then a baby with the four month sleep regression). I do miss writing though!! Would you be interested in a post detailing the blogs I currently love? 

1 comment:

  1. I wish more folks would set down their phones........and connect, instead, to the IMPORTANT things in life, like those precious children. Good for you!
    :)

    ReplyDelete