Monday, February 10, 2014
Good morning!
Another snowy Monday in beautiful Michigan. The morning routine of coffee and Sesame Street is in full swing. I'm very happy that after another bump in the bathtub from hell last night Orion is not sporting any new bruises. Poor thing. I cannot wait to rip out that dumb steel tub once and for all.
We spent the weekend in Ludington with Grandmommers and Grandpop. Mike spent his weekend in Detroit visiting a friend. I think it was a really good time for both of us. He hasn't had any "guy time" in quite awhile and I always appreciate going to see my parents.
I was able to hold down the fort so my dad could get out and go on a small adventure of his own to Manistee on Saturday so I was happy to do that small thing. Plus, I was rewarded with him watching Orion while I napped upon his return. I woke up from the nap with a kitty snuggling my feet :) Small joys.
Other favorite parts of the weekend included: watching the biathlon for the first time, knitting next to mom late into the evening, watching Orion master stacking the wooden donuts, eating Make Your Own Pizzas (a grand old tradition), and enjoying Orion entertaining his grandparents and vice versa. There will also always be something I love about waking up in that house, especially waking up in my old bedroom, where you get a beautiful view of our quiet, snowy backyard. That view kept me in bed despite the smell of bacon wafting up the stairs Sunday morning. Orion slept VERY well in the pack and play while we were there and even slept in until 8 yesterday morning. He also transitioned back to his bed fine last night, thank heavens. '
The yarn is scheduled to show up tomorrow, even though it says it is in Holland today, which means I hope it will arrive today...except, it unfortunately is shipping through FedEx and we always have terrible luck with them not able to find any of the places we live. UPS never has issues. I'm crossing my fingers. Mike has a package coming through them as well...
M&M's group starts again tomorrow. I hope the weather is good enough that I feel comfortable venturing out. I could certainly use some social time. Wednesday we are supposed to go over and have a play date with friends too, which will be great.
Tomorrow Orion will be 15 months old! And my ultrasound is in only 9 more days! Both Mike and my dad think that this baby is a girl. We will still have to wait until July to find out ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment