Monday, February 3, 2014
This weekend was interesting. It went nothing how any of us had planned and was a real test of my patience at times. Luckily, it appears things will be on the upswing from here and hopefully I will not have to go out in any more snow storms this year. On a happy note, we did finally eat breakfast at Deboer's and it was delicious. I think they must make their own English muffins and if you like eggs Benedict, you should definitely order it there. Mass was great as well. We celebrated Candlemass (40 days since the celebration of Christmas) by having a candlelit service! It was the first time our church has done that, I've been told, since Candlemass usually falls during the week. The date also marks the fact that we are officially halfway through winter. What a great thing to hear!
Orion is sleeping in his new toddler bed! Bedtime is taking a little longer, because although he is tired, I think he gets a little scared or rolls around a bit and is confused at the new situation. After a second rocking, he falls right asleep until morning! He took a two and a half hour nap in the bed yesterday afternoon too. We are very proud of him and are excited he really likes it. He'll climb in and out of it multiple times a day and lay down all by himself saying "nigh nigh" when he is tired.
I ordered myself some new yarn yesterday. I've never ordered yarn from the internet before, but the big box stores here have a poor selection lately and I'm too scared (and broke) to go to the LYS because I have not heard great things...I still enjoy shopping at Nautical Yarn when I'm able, however. I decided to purchase yarn from Knitpicks. I ordered a bunch of Brava worsted weight in some pretty colors (like Tranquil and Dove Heather) and I also ordered a baby blanket and hat kit, which will teach me the new skill of mitered squares! I watched a youtube video on it yesterday and it looks like I'll be able to pull it off ;) Hopefully I can have it all finished before July! I am actually confident this time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment