Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Post Mother's Day Bliss...



Ahh, Mother's Day.

It was nothing like the average Mother's Day you see women having, with breakfast in bed and presents and maybe even some alone time spent somewhere not at home...

No, Mother's Day was pretty much like a Monday, except someone else made the coffee (twice, because the whole beans we had for the French press apparently had gone rancid). After breakfast, Mike went to work removing the carpet from the nursery, so I took Orion to run a few errands. We went to Lowe's for exchange a faulty can of spray foam and then to the grocery store for bottle return. After arriving home, Orion and I ate lunch. Mike was still super busy and the area he is working in was unsafe for kiddo, so I took Orion for our walk and then he went down for a nap. About the time we got back Mike was finished with that project and once O was asleep, he made me a hot dog (shh) along with his chili dogs for lunch and we ate in the sun room, watching the birds. Then we were going to start working on replacing the brake pads and rotors in my car.





It took FOREVER (the rotor screws were rusted in, a common problem with Hondas, according to Google). By the time Orion's (two hour and fifteen minute) nap was over, we had completed one wheel. So, I hung out with Mr. O while Mike continued working. We played outside where we could watch him work for quite awhile and also watched Muppets Take Manhattan on Netflix together.




After Orion and I ate dinner and bedtime was taken care of, I went outside to help with the final tire and clean up from the project. My car stops much better now! So I'm grateful for all the hard work Mike put into getting the job done and saving us money, even if it was a labor intensive project. Shouldn't have to do it again for a few years!!

I totally blanked on updating the "What We Ate" post this past week. I got three days in and by now I've forgotten. I know the cupboards are e-m-p-t-y now and last night's dinner was homemade pizza with practically no cheese, so it won't be exciting whatever goes into our bellies tonight.

This morning Orion and I got out of the house because I was feeling anxious due to a gurgling toilet I thought was fixed (when the washer was draining the thing went nuts). We went to a free indoor play place at a local church. Fun was had, but I thought some of the kids were quite rude. No one wanted to play with the "baby" and he was treated as quite a nuisance. It made my heart hurt a little. Next time I'll try to plan ahead and invite a mommy friend and her kiddo, who is Orion's buddy.





New flowers spotted on our most recent walk:



Oh! Orion's 18 month well check went...well. Mike said it was more of a "See, everything Mike has been saying is right is right" check. I guess I concur. He said Orion weighted 27lbs on our scale...he weights the same on the doctor's scale. It's okay if we give him a small pillow now. Etc. His height is 31 1/2 inches, which Mike didn't know and jumped up from 11th percentile to 20th!  Our pediatrician has FIVE boys and he said Orion looks great! Orion actually cried when he left the room because he had been having so much fun with his check up. The nurse said that was the first time she had ever seen that happen :)
Only one shot this visit and he was very brave.
Love our boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment