Wednesday, January 4, 2017

New Year, Same Old Project (Yarn Along 1/4/17)




I'm so close!!!

5 more rows and then the final section!! I'm renaming this shawl the Never-ending Age of Brass and Steam...at least I took a photo where you can finally see the full beauty of the yarn color.




I meant to have a new project to show you today actually. I started a pair of fingerless gloves for myself as my hands are always freezing in this house, but I ended up frogging it after 12 or so rows once I realized that playing LEGOs and knitting simultaneously don't mix. Some day I hope to be able to multitask while knitting...at least I wasn't in love with the yarn I had chose :)

Currently reading:

1. Lots of info about Ebook writing...YES, I am going to be writing an Ebook. Can you guess the topic? Hint: It's not about knitting ;)

2. It's All Easy by Gwyneth Paltrow (I don't care what other people think; I adore her. Her recipe for salmon is one of my all time favorites).

3. Captain Underpants...Found two more in the series to add to our collection at the Little Free Library. Reading out loud to the boys...it's a good step up from a picture book, but keeps their attention more than a full-fledged chapter book.




I'm looking forward to seeing what you are knitting and reading to start the New Year! If you aren't already, please join the Yarn Along by visiting Ginny's page.




2 comments:

  1. The yarn is so pretty! I love the green. I'm up in the air about Gwyneth Paltrow, but I have wanted to pick up this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this pattern and just starting to get anxious to knit another shawl type knit. My boys used to read Captain Underpants. We liked Geronimo Stilton, mouse detective stories, too. More pictures, but words and chapters...

    ReplyDelete