Wednesday, January 18, 2017
Yarn Along 1/18/17
Halfway through knitting my Pussyhat. I'm making one for myself even though I found out about the project too late to send any hats to DC. I am finding it very magical to be making the exact same thing as thousands of other women and very cathartic to be doing something--no matter how small and "menial"--to protest all the hate and negativity that the political sphere is throwing at us. This pattern is similar to the Kit Kat Hat that was in my Ravelry queue as well :)
I finished Written in My Own Heart's Blood last night and just started Nine Parts of Desire: The Hidden World of Islamic Women. I found this book at a local thrift shop and thought about how it fits nicely into the criteria for the Goodreads book club my friend Maggie started. I hope to recommend it there after I finish it. It's one of my personal goals this year to read more books about history (yes, I am keeping that vague on purpose--history of countries, history of religions, histories of anything, really...).
Join the Yarn Along and share your current knits + reads by visiting Ginny's site.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment