Wednesday, March 12, 2014
Poor Orion. His nostrils were completely crusted over with boogers this morning. There is nothing more tragic than a sickie baby; I know I keep mentioning that but it really is an anxious mama's least favorite thing. Thank goodness for the NoseFrida!
Yesterday evening I went out by myself for a little bit. First stop was church, to see if my coat was hanging out there waiting for me. Sadly, it was not. Next, I met a friend and her family at the Civic Center to check out a Dutch costume sale (for Tulip Time, we wanted to dress up our babies) but the whole thing was a complete bust. We had to wait in line and by the time we got in there was one outfit for a child her daughter's size and only three in Orion's size--for $50! Mike would have been upset if I spent $50 on something I know he could probably make. So, we parted ways, and I went to the grocery store for lack of anything else to do. I usually love grocery shopping, but this was mostly about wasting time and making myself be out for some alone time even though I would rather have been home in bed or eating dinner. I resisted buying: a doughnut, buttermilk ranch flavored pretzels, cinnamon rolls, and peach iced tea. I brought home eggs, cheap bagels (since I can't get a real bagel in this town), and multi-grain cheerios for O.
There is snow on the ground this morning. I knew it was coming so I can't be too upset...but I am still over looking at it. We will be at home resting some more today...I may or may not make Orion watch more 19 Kids and Counting with me. I don't know why I am watching it, but this long winter may have led to a psyche break.
Good news is that the dishwasher is now scheduled to arrive tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment