Tuesday, March 4, 2014



Still sleepy despite a nap. My cold is overtaking me. I can't believe I fought given into sickness this long this winter. It feels like every nasty feeling I've had about the snow and gloom has returned to attack and haunt me like those pesky ghosts from A Christmas Carol ("Doomed...you're doomed for all time...it will snow forever, now you're sick and hey, this rhymes!")

Orion is still napping. His daddy came home for lunch and put him down before he left. Then he instructed me to go to bed and, as is evident above, I did. Now I am drinking hot water with lemon in it and feeling woozy despite having eaten a piece of toast with avocado. I think I will let O sleep as long as he wishes because I wish my body would have let me rest longer. I feel the small movements of new baby this afternoon, one of my favorite things.

I gave up Facebook today, a day early. Best to do these things with gusto. I hope I can manage life without it. I am sure I'll be fine once I get over having itchy fingers to check something (I'm terrible with my Feedly too). What a day and age we live in. I remember being a kid with the internet and using it solely to send Blue Mountain Arts ecards to my best friend (who I saw everyday at school) and looking at the TY beanie baby webpage (every month a different Beanie wrote a daily journal)!

Oh, I finally started The Long Winter and it is nice to feel some solidarity with those characters.

Until Next Time


No comments:

Post a Comment