Friday, April 25, 2014
Orion's Words at 17 Months
1. Mama
2. Dada
3. Papa
4. Neigh (for horses, especially Sandy at Mejier)
5. Baaa (sheep noise)
6. Nigh Nigh (night night)
7. Duck
8. Ah Don (all done)
9. Cracker (cra-ca)
10. Cheese! (cheezy)
11. Banana (nana)
12. Achoo! (After I sneeze or someone fakes a sneeze, he'll mimic it)
13. Ball (all day, every day)
14. Cup ("ca")
15. "Hush" (from Good Night Moon)
16. Vrooom!
17. GO!
18. Goal! (whenever he throws or kicks a ball)
19. Meow (cat noises)
20. Cookie
21. Hello!
22. Bye bye!
23. Mwah (for blowing kisses)
24. I did it! (sounds like "I digit)
25. Car (also "ca," but a car can also be "vroom." I'm including it separately because he has pointed to cars in books and said it).
26. Color (said when we see the bright colors in his bedtime story and when we are drawing with crayons)
27. Eye/s (said while trying to poke your eyes out or his own)
28. Uh oh! (another huge one, heard very frequently)
29. Gramma!!!
A few other bloggers I know keep lists like this for their children, so I thought I would try to compile one. The list of words he understands is much larger & there are certain phrases he says at certain times that I just cannot decipher the meaning of, so I haven't included them. I'm sure I might have even missed a word, but I will try to update this when I can.
One of my favorite parts of the day is reading his bedtime story. His favorite book is From Head to Toe by Eric Carle. It's an interactive story where, for example, a monkey waves his arms and a seal claps his hands and then you are asked if you can do it. It's been so so cool to watch Orion only go from clapping his hands to pretty much doing every single interaction in the book, such as stomping his feet and arching his back like a cat (he makes the silliest cat noise when he does it too). The only one he doesn't have down pat is wiggling his hips like the crocodile!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment