Thursday, April 3, 2014
Tonight was one of those frustrating evenings that totally halts anything else that was on my agenda to do after Orion had fallen asleep. It took him over an hour to finally fall asleep and I'm pretty sure he is not in his bed, but I am trying to make sure he is sound asleep before I attempt to move him. It's like trying to detonate a bomb.
Poor dude. He was totally sleepy. I rocked him for much longer than a lady who is as pregnant as me should hold a baby as large as him, but he was falling asleep in my arms...and then those damn teeth. I can't stand this stupid teething any longer. They made him wail and wail and wail and I couldn't even stomach eating my baked potato listening to his poor cries.
So rocking again. And Motrin. And then, eventually, running the shower and trying to eat a baked potato in the bathroom, with earplugs in. It was most unpleasant for me and I hated doing it, but sometimes a ten minute cry is all he needs to fall asleep. It was the worst baked potato I ever tried to eat.
Now I am stress eating thin mints and Hershey kisses (actually, the Hershey kisses were first, before I remembered I had thin mints). Why do these terrible hard nights of teeth popping through always seem to come when Mike is away?
I had planned to unload and reload the dishwasher, sort and fold laundry, pick up toys, and make lemon bars... har de har de har, none of that is happening now. I am probably going to go hide in bed with Pinterest and Netflix on my Ipad. Sad, but true.
I feel unaccomplished today and sad that my kiddo is in pain. I also feel exhausted, because pregnant, and I know I shouldn't push myself extremely hard or get mad at myself. He's safe and sound and asleep now and I have tomorrow to catch up...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment