Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Yarn Along 12/14/16






I finished Orion's Barley hat this morning and immediately cast on for my third and FINAL Barley! This one will be for cousin Vienna who just turned two. I'm going to make her a toddler sized hat as well. The yarn is Knit Picks from a long abandoned blanket project kit.

My reading is still going slowly, but I am 40% done with Shelter for the Spirit and got to read some in the tub last night. I am enjoying this book very much, even though some of it is dated (she explains using a debit card)! Some of the material is common sense, but a lot of it is timeless. If I was giving a housewarming gift or a gift to someone living alone for the first time, I would find a copy of this book and a copy of An Everlasting Meal by Tamar Adler to give them. Both contain essential, valuable information to keeping a cozy and thoughtful home and kitchen.

Rodale's Organic Life is a new read for me. I realize it is filled with ads for the Rodale's brand, but I get the magazine free and I quite like it. All of the recipes are real food recipes and quite a few are going into my recipe file to try. The pickled cranberries in the last issue in particular caught my eye...

I hope all your holiday knitting is going well! Here's a photo of Orion's hat and you can clearly see the glaring error I made, but he's given me a lot of hugs and kisses already for making it for him, so I am choosing to see all the good in it instead of my mistake (it fits his head perfectly)!



You can join the Yarn Along fun by joining the link up at Ginny's blog. 




5 comments:

  1. I love that hat pattern. I have knit it a bunch of times and almost always make a goof somewhere but I seem to be the only one who notices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you made any other of the Tin Can Knits patterns? I want to make the Rye socks someday :)

      Delete
  2. its lovely!! Ive given up trying to find time to read pages of a book with a wee one around. So ive resorted to just being happy with blogging screen time :)
    thank you for connecting with me - its lovely to find mums with wee ones out there of the same age to connect with here in the blogging world.
    i will certainly be coming back to read more xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Reading blogs surely counts ;)
      I look forward to visiting your blog again soon too!

      Delete
  3. this pattern is lovely .you are amazing in your skills

    ReplyDelete