Friday, December 30, 2016

My New Year's Intentions




  • Give up mascara forever (It makes my eyes so uncomfortable! It's never worth the extra "prettiness," and I have thrown out three tubes this year after forgetting that).
  • Continue to let my hair grow long?? 
  • To only wear things that make me happy & comfortable.
  • Attend church on a more regular basis and stop making excuses.
  • Joyfully attend to my chores at home & continue to make our home a cozy haven.
  • Play with my children daily, even if it means neglecting my chores.
  • Recover from my fears and go outside more often. 
  • To treat my husband as a true friend. 
  • Find a way to make the community I so badly need as I cannot find it already in existence near me.
  • To continue to make time for my crafts & hopefully to not have to frog any knitting this year!
  • Learn more about local plants and nature. Maybe herbalism, although I am not sure I feel called to that specific study. 
  • Keep up with my daily planner, my spiritual notebook, and my meal planning diary, as well as this blog.
  • Write the book/zine that has been weighing on my heart for months now--to get it out there no matter if it does anything for anyone but me.
  • Stretch/do yoga poses in some amount daily.
  • Stay hydrated and continue to stay away from soda pop.
  • "Give love" (i.e. hugs and kisses) multiple times a day to my family. 
  • Make a more concrete sleep routine and boundaries.
  • Use post-it notes to my advantage (Bathroom mirror reminders & mantras).
  • Offer something of my unique gifts to the world without shame.
  • Release things that aren't helping me...Facebook friends who post things that ramp up my anxiety...news and websites I don't need to be dwelling on..."coaches," guides, and authors who don't really speak to or inspire me...unfollow them all....to release these things with love & just realize they don't work for me. 
  • Daily prayer/daily gratitude
  • Go to Ludington and listen to the wind blow through the trees at the house.
  • Give more/lose lack mentality/recognize my privileges
  • Read to my children daily...even as a book lover sometimes it is hard to get this done.
  • Accept the next stage. That life is for the living and we have to keep on...no, not that we "have" to keep on...that we GET to keep on and that it is a gift. 

What do you have planned for 2017? Can we help each other or can I encourage you on your journey? 



3 comments:

  1. Love so many of these. I, too, am "resolving" to do more yoga and read to my kids at least once a day. It used to be such a strong priority that has fallen aside in the past year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I've done three days of yoga/stretching...but yesterday I tried a "low impact" cardio workout and UGH!

      Delete
  2. I loved this list! And that it is "intentions" and not "resolutions".... I like the idea of a low pressure guideline to seek out new things, but not the hard line of a resolution you already feel is impossible to reach. Great post! ~Maggie

    ReplyDelete