I'm 60% done with my book, but my digital library loan expired on my Kindle this morning, so I'm happy that I thought ahead and picked up a hard copy of the book at the actual library on Tuesday. It's a monster, but I am determined to finish it by year's end...the same with the two pictured knitting projects...
#1 is my third Barley hat in a row and is for the boy's two year old cousin, Vienna. I think she'll get a kick out of having the same style as them. I'll be finishing it off this morning.
#2 is my blasted Age of Brass and Steam shawlette-thing. I've learned so many things with this project...number one being, don't knit dark yarn on dark needles! The needles I'm using are super nice, but very hard to see what I am doing with the dark green yarn (which sadly didn't show up in the photo in it's beautifully variegated tones).
I am also running into the issue of knots where I had to re-tie the yarn together after Otto tangled it before I was able to wind it. Lesson #2-- don't forget to ask the yarn shop to wind my yarn for me!! I'm not looking forward to fixing all the imperfections in this piece.
See the yarn in the bottom left hand corner? That's what is keeping me going! I can't wait to cast on a new project for the new year! Trying to decide if I brave the Lace Mess Shawl or make myself a hat...the Kit Kat hat looks appealing...
If I don't update before the year's end, I wish you the best! Bring on 2017!
(You can join the yarn a long by visiting the Small Things blog)

No comments:
Post a Comment